Gourmet Events Hawaii (GEH) was selected by Hawaii Business Magazine as a BEST PLACE TO WORK company in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017; and by Honolulu Magazine as BEST EVENT PLANNING company in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Our growing and innovative company is seeking an additional full-time, excellent Event Planner to join our hospitality team!
As the first point of contact with clients, event planners make the magic happen and create wonderful lasting memories. Duties include managing client relationship, preparing timelines and floor plans, contacting vendors for decor and entertainment, submitting orders for supplies, coordinating staffing needs, and executing events. Works closely with other event producers, staffing team, and warehouse support.
We are seeking applicants with the following:
- 1-2 years of event planning experience preferred
- Strong customer service and communications skills to deliver WOW to clients
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing, with clients, staff, and vendors
- Timely responsiveness to provide immediate communication to address urgent matters and successfully collaborate among all team members involved
- Strong desire to learn, grow, and continually improve
- Flexibility to handle frequent changes
- Enthusiasm and passion for the hospitality industry
- Engagement with GEH core values (see our web site at http://gourmeteventshawaii.com/mission/)
- Initiative and drive to work in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving skills and positive attitude to successfully and resourcefully overcome challenges
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time constraints
- High attention to detail to manage logistics, with care and accuracy
- Strong working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office, and ability to learn and use client databases